At Koniver Wellness, our purpose is to educate you on the benefits of stem cell therapy for a variety of conditions. We have pioneered a very specific and comprehensive protocol to optimize the effects of stem cells in the body.
We utilize Umbilical Cord Stem Cells in a variety of manners including:
- Intransally to optimize penetration into the brain
- Intravenously to ensure delivery of the cells all over the body
- Intradermally (into the skin) to provide rejuvenation to the face and neck
- Intra-articularly to provide regeneration of the joint
Stem Cell Therapy: A Boon for Medical Science
The human body is composed of more than 200 cell types. Each of these cells in the body is designated to perform a particular function.
Stem cells not only demonstrate their capacity to generate more stem cells but also help in making different cell types. For over a decade adult stem cells have been used therapeutically for treating certain cancers as well as rare blood diseases.
Stem cells have tremendous promise to help us understand and treat a range of diseases, injuries and other health-related conditions. Their potential is evident in the use of blood stem cells to treat diseases of the blood, a therapy that has saved the lives of thousands of children with leukemia; and can be seen in the use of stem cells for tissue grafts to treat diseases or injury to the bone, skin and surface of the eye. Important clinical trials involving stem cells are underway for many other conditions and researchers continue to explore new avenues using stem cells in medicine.
We are now utilizing stem cell therapy to not only help treat many conditions but also help those optimize their health and performance.
Umbilical Stem Cells bring the Future to NOW
Unlike both adipose (fat cell) and bone marrow derived stem cells, umbilical cord cells are the most potent and fresh cells. As such they offer the potential to help many chronic, degenerative diseases but also offer the ability to rejuvenate and revitalize aging or older cells.
Because these cells have naive and have not developed any immune antigenicty, they are safe to administer to patients without the concern for immune reaction or rejection.
At Koniver Wellness, we combine the Umbilical Stem Cells with a variety of nutrient and hormonal agents to optimize how well the stem cells are utilized in the body.
Our comprehensive protocols are the most cutting-edge protocols designed to safely and effectively treat a variety of conditions. In addition, our protocols are designed not only for those dealing with a chronic diagnosis, but also those who are peak performers looking to optimize their health and performance.
By combining the different modalities of Umbilical Cord Stem Cells with Nutrient IVs, peptides, hormones and specific supplements, we achieve far higher success rates than those clinics that simply provide stem cells.
Fill Out Form to See if this Treatment Protocol is For You:
FAQs about Stem Cell Therapy:
What makes Umbilical Cord Stem Cells different from other stem cell products?
When Compared to Autologous Stem Cell Sources (using a person’s own fat, bone marrow or blood, etc.) Umbilical Stem Cell products are:
- neonatal in origin, obtained from a healthy newborn baby
- cells are more primitive, metabolically more active, with faster rate of self-renewal, and wider range of differentiation
- secrete more growth factors, have longer telomeres, senesce (get
- lack the accumulation of lifelong cellular damages of adult stem cells
- have more anti-inflammatory and neuro-protective effects.
Using Umbilical Cord products avoids invasive procedures involved in autologous stem cell harvesting, thus avoiding the risks of infection, scarring, and decline in a person’s own stem cell pool.
Even someone who is more advanced in age or more ill can obtain high quality stem cells to help their body heal and regenerate.
Allows for repeated dosing at precise concentrations in regular intervals to target various condition.
The Umbilical Cord products we use are processed in a FDA-registered and inspected laboratory that adheres to cGMP guidelines, which means it provides much more quality assurance compared to the tissue-processing in a physician’s office.
When Compared to Amniotic Products:
- Amniotic products contain important cytokines/growth factors, but:
there is significant variation among products due the different points in gestation the amniotic fluid is obtained.
- the younger and more potent amniotic fluid is collected during amniocentesis, which are usually performed when there is concern about genetic abnormalities or other diseases in the fetus.
- amniotic fluid contains about 200 various types of cytokines/growth factors, but it dwarfs in comparison to the 400+ cytokines/growth factors from umbilical cord tissue matrix where Umbilical Cord products are obtained.
- amniotic products contain very few live cells, so much so that the FDA prohibit these products to be called “stem cell products.” Amniotic products thus lack the many powerful benefits stem cells provide, including the ability to home in to areas of injury/inflammation, and secrete appropriate cytokines/growth factors to target local repair.
When Compared to Umbilical Cord Blood Products
- Cord blood-based products have a single FDA indication: reconstitution of the immune system after chemo-ablation of the bone marrow in leukemic patients.
- it is the easiest birth tissue component to work with, as cells can be obtain via simple centrifuge cycles. However, they lack significant beneficial properties due to their very low MSC content (Mesenchymal Stem Cells).
- Companies producing cord blood products emphasize the importance of MSC’s, yet their products contain at most 1% MSC’s.
- MSC’s have been proposed to be renamed as Medicinal Signaling Cells by its discoverer Dr. Arnold Caplan. These cells are located throughout the body, hovering around blood vessels and communicating with local stem cells, serving as the orchestrators of regeneration.
exert paracrine effects: induce changes in nearby cells by secreting cytokines/growth factors, to promote cellular proliferation, differentiation & angiogenesis (making new blood vessels)
- have powerful anti-inflammatory effects
- have immune-modulating effect – able to modify and regulate the immune system, such as in autoimmune disorders
- have anti-microbial properties, helpful in fighting acute, chronic or systemic infections, and have been shown to be effective against protozoa (as in Lyme’s disease)
- have anti-apoptotic properties – can rescue injured cells (due to trauma, hypoxia, chemical/mechanical damage, radiation, etc.) from programmed cell death.
Can you explain the injectable products to me in more detail?
The foundation of umbilical cord stem cells is the umbilical cord tissue. Umbilical Cord Tissue is a rich source of progenitor cells and the ExtraCellular Matrix (ECM) – a complex protein system that creates the foundation of the body’s tissues and organs.
FOUNDATION FOR REGENERATION
The birth tissue ECM contains Collagens I, III, IV, V, VI, VII, fibrous proteins that provide a structural scaffold to support cellular migration. Fibronectin, integrins, laminins, and hyaluronons also play a key role in proliferation, differentiation and adherence to the scaffold.
MODULATE CORRECT TISSUE REPAIR
Growth factors contained in the birth tissue ECM, including PDGF, VEGF, EGF, FGF and TGF-B, support cell proliferation and migration across the defect. This combination of proteins works with the body’s own cells to modulate correct tissue reconstruction rather than scar tissue.
REGULATE INFLAMMATION, SCARRING & PAIN
Birth tissue products have been shown to reduce inflammation, fibrous tissue growth, and potential scar tissue formation.
Birth tissue-derived stem cell products are ‘immune-privileged’, possessing little or no risk of foreign body reaction, which can lead to fibrosis and graft failure.
Application of birth tissue products has been shown to reduce bacteria counts in the wound, demonstrated against a wide range of bacteria.
Umbilical Cord Stem Cell injectable products are cryopreserved, and can be kept at -60°C for storage up to 6 months, or -81°C for long term storage.
All tissues are sourced from live, healthy U.S.-based donors after C-section delivery. Donors are screened and selected based on a stringent criteria, and the final disposition of the donor is determined by a licensed physician. Serologic testing and tissue culture swabs are performed for each donor. Donor screening, tissue collection and processing protocols meet or exceed applicable FDA regulations and industry standards.
What are the growth factors contained in Umbilical Cord products?
The list below are some of the growth factors contained in Umbilical Cord products. Individual growth factor proteins tend to occur as members of larger families of structurally and evolutionarily-related proteins. There are many families, and some of which are listed below:
Autocrine motility factor
Bone morphogenetic proteins (BMPs)
Ciliary neurotrophic factor family
Ciliary neurotrophic factor (CNTF)
Leukemia inhibitory factor (LIF)
Macrophage colony-stimulating factor (m-CSF)
Granulocyte colony-stimulating factor (G-CSF)
Granulocyte macrophage colony-stimulating factor (GM-CSF)
Epidermal growth factor (EGF)
Fibroblast growth factor (FGF)
GDNF family of ligands
Growth differentiation factor-9 (GDF9)
Hepatocyte growth factor (HGF)
Insulin-like growth factors
IL-1- Cofactor for IL-3 and IL-6. Activates T cells.
IL-2 – T-cell growth factor. Stimulates IL-1 synthesis. Activates B-cells and NK cells.
IL-3 – Stimulates production of all non-lymphoid cells.
IL-4 – Growth factor for activated B cells, resting T cells, and mast cells.
IL-5 – Induces differentiation of activated B cells and eosinophils.
IL-6 – Stimulates Ig synthesis. Growth factor for plasma cells.
IL-7 – Growth factor for pre-B cells.
Keratinocyte growth factor (KGF)
Migration-stimulating factor (MSF)
Macrophage-stimulating protein (MSP), also known as hepatocyte growth factor-like protein (HGFLP)
Brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF)
Nerve growth factor (NGF)
Placental growth factor (PGF)
Platelet-derived growth factor (PDGF)
Renalase (RNLS) – Anti-apoptotic survival factor
T-cell growth factor (TCGF)
Transforming growth factors
Transforming growth factor alpha (TGF-α)
Transforming growth factor beta (TGF-β)
Tumor necrosis factor-alpha (TNF-α)
Vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF)
Wnt Signaling Pathway
What kind of screening is involved for birth tissue to be accepted for processing?
Umbilical Stem Cell products are obtained from donors through the most stringent selection criteria. Donating mothers have been followed by their ob/gyn, and are required to go through testing. Before time of birth, they are asked if they would like to have the baby’s umbilical cord stored. 90% of the mother choose not to. At that point they are asked if they would like to donate the birth tissue. If they say yes, they are required to fill out extensive questionnaires (89 questions), which screen for infectious disease exposures, alcohol/drug/smoking or other toxic exposures, medication use, travel history, any family history of heritable and non-heritable diseases, cancer, autoimmune diseases, blood disorder, etc., as well as any prenatal test abnormality of the baby.
Donated birth tissue goes through infectious disease testing before it is accepted by the laboratory. Upon arrival of the birth tissue at the laboratory, it is screened again for infectious diseases such as Hepatitis, syphilis and HIV. In addition, prior to being allowed to be used clinically, the finished products go through further testing, to ensure quality and sterility.
What infections have been screened?
Donated human tissue is deemed qualified for transplantation by meeting the following criteria:
Results from the donor pre-screening lab tests specify the donor to be free from risk factors and active infections of applicable communicable disease agents and diseases required by the FDA.
Donor results from the pre-screening lab test for applicable communicable disease agents and are negative and/or non-reactive for the following:
- HIV I/II Ab: Human Immunodeficiency Virus Types ½ and O Antibody HIV/HCV/HBV NAT:
- Human Immunodeficiency/Hepatitis C/B
- HBc Ab: Hepatitis B Core Antibody HBx Ag: Hepatitis B viral protein RPR/STS or Equivalent: Syphilis
- HCV Ab: Hepatitis C Virus
- HTLV I/II: Human T-Cell Lymphotropic Virus
What markers are checked to determine if stem cells are in the product?
An array of markers are checked, including CD90, CD73, HLA-DR, HLA-ABC, CD34, Cd45, glycoproteins A. Also, growth factors such as VEGF, FGF-2, IL 1-ra, SCF are tested.
Stem Cell Therapy Brings Hope for Patients
We are now at a wonderful place in the optimization and performance arena where the options for accelerating our health and performance are at an all-time high.
At Koniver Wellness, we utilize a plethora of modalities including sophisticated IVs, peptide and hormonal therapy as well as cell therapy that includes both stem cells and exosomes.
Unlike other practices that provide one or two approaches for their clients, Dr. Koniver is pioneer in how to combine multiple modalities to optimize results for his patients.
Are you ready to take your health and wellness to the next level?
You are in the right place at Koniver Wellness.
Please fill out the form above to see if you are a good candidate for one of our Optimization Programs and Dr. Koniver or his staff will be back in touch with you soon to review!
*Disclaimer: These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA